About Safe at Home
Safe at Home is Tasmania's integrated criminal justice response to family violence and is underpinned by the Family Violence Act (2004).
It involves a range of services working together to address the risk and safety needs of victims and children and hold perpetrators accountable.
It utilises a pro-intervention policy to address family violence, complemented by a human services approach to support recovery and change.
The objectives of the Safe at Home service system are to
- Improve the safety and security for adult and child victims of family violence in the short and long term.
- Ensure that offenders are held accountable for family violence as a public crime and change their offending behaviour.
- Reduce the incidence and severity of family violence in the longer term.
- Minimise the negative impacts of contact with the criminal justice system on adult and child victim.
You can report or discuss family violence incidents through the
- Family Violence Response and Referral Line
1800 633 937 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- In all emergencies call the Police 000 line.